Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Recycling Awareness






I learned a lot and doing these activities about recycling. This project really opened my eyes to the crucial importance of recycling. I learned of many places in my city where I can go recycle specific things such as batteries and electronics. I was not aware of these places before starting these recycling activities. My knowledge of recycling was expanded.

At home I do recycle by separating the plastics from aluminums and paper and cardboard. But I haven't really ever recycled electronics and big stuff because I just didn't know where to go. I also donate my clothes to the salvation army and the goodwill stores in my city. Now that I am more aware about recycling, I am going to make sure that my family recycles properly.

My school has started to be more aware on recycling. Our leadership students educate people on the importance of recycling. Recycling bins for plastics and papers have been placed in each classroom to enforce the practice of recycling at our school. Our goal is to recycle more and to keep our school looking clean and decent.

For more information on recycling, please go to this website: http://www.stopwaste.org

No comments: