Thursday, April 24, 2008

Using The 4 R's At Home



I incorporate the 4 R's in my daily life. At home, my family and I recycle plastic bottles, cans, glass and other recyclable materials. We separate them into bins. Sometimes we reuse materials or even buy stuff that has been used before. For example, the other day I told my dad i wanted a book shelf and that I wouldn't mind getting it at a thrift store. The following day I came home to find a bookshelf/desk, a TWO IN ONE! My dad had bought it at the thrift store and it was in very good condition like new! I really like it and goes perfectly in my room. This saved us money and it is an example reusing materials. At home we also have a large bin where we put scraps of plants and weeds, this is an example of rotting. We also try to reduce the use of materials that can be reduced. For example when going to the grocery store you can take reusable grocery bags that are not made of plastic instead of using a lot of plastic bags every time you go food shopping. By using the 4 R's I feel like I'm contributing to the Earth which gives us so much beautiful things that we must appreciate and preserve.

No comments: